Resource Link: https://www.diabetesdisasterresponse.org/
- If you have diabetes and Hurricane #Dorian is heading your way, make an emergency diabetes kit. Download the DDRC Patient Preparedness Plan to learn what you need to manage your diabetes and remain safe and healthy.
- Don’t get caught in Hurricane #Dorian without medication and diabetes supplies. Download the DDRC Patient Preparedness Plan to learn what you need to manage your diabetes and remain safe and healthy.
- Be prepared for Hurricane #Dorian. During times of disaster you face unique challenges. Make a plan to stay safe and healthy. Download the DDRC Patient Preparedness Plan.
Hurricane #Dorian – be prepared and stock up on extra diabetes supplies. You may be eligible for an emergency supply of insulin and prescriptions. Call your pharmacy now for details. Find more information here.
Hurricane #Dorian – are you prepared with your diabetes medication and supplies? Download our Patient Preparedness Plan for guidelines on how to prepare for an emergency.
- Running low on insulin or other diabetes supplies? If you live in (#Add in GEO Targeted Location) and are impacted by Hurricane #Dorian, you may be eligible for an emergency supply of your prescriptions. Call your pharmacy. Find out more here.
- Are you interested in helping the diabetes community and friends impacted by Hurricane #Dorian? Donate your extra supplies to Insulin for Life. Find more information here:http://ifl-usa.org/what-we-need
- If you or your loved ones are in the path of Hurricane #Dorian and have questions about your diabetes medicine and supplies due to the storm, please call the ADA call center (1-800-DIABETES).
- Need to find an open pharmacy? If you have diabetes and are impacted by Hurricane #Dorian and need insulin or other diabetes supplies, call the ADA at (1-800-DIABETES). Or try, RxOPEN https://www.healthcareready.org/rxopen
- Health care provider emergency diabetes supply hotline. If you know of diabetes supply shortages in your community because of Hurricane #Dorian, please call 314-INSULIN for help. This line is reserved for healthcare providers only. Not a HCP, call 1-800- DIABETES for help.
- If you lose power and you have unused insulin, don’t throw it out! In an emergency, it is okay to use expired or non-refrigerated insulin. Call the manufacturer for details. Find their number here and check out our tips for storing insulin and discarding sharps.
- Find a shelter. The American Red Cross has a live map you can search. Or, call 1-800-RED-CROSS. Hurricane #Dorian. If you find yourself in a shelter without proper diabetes care and supplies, call 1-800-DIABETES for help.
I am a diabetes dad.
Please visit my Diabetes Dad FB Page and hit ‘like’.